Twitter : @umlchannel
After several years of experience in software programming and professional activities in the UK on the international level, I have been working for over 10 years with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect tool to build and maintain models for software projects, and produce functional and technical specifications based on the expected level of deliverables. Working at the business and technical levels, I liaise with business stakeholders and development teams.
Before joining VISEO (formerly known as Objet Direct) based in Grenoble/France in 2010, I worked for RDF Group Plc (Brighton, UK) where I learnt and applied the analysis best practices, and got the opportunity to work for blue chip companies and large customers in the banking and prepaid card payment industries. For many of those projects, including the set up of flexecash prepaid card scheme for Park Group plc and an online mortgage application system (KFI : Key Fact Illustration) for a major bank in the UK, the analysis and design defined through EA modelling projects have strongly contributed to successful deliveries.
As a modelling and EA expert - consultant at VISEO, official Sparx Systems Value Added Reseller in France, I'm mostly involved in helping clients with the model-based approach using standards for a number of contexts including:
- Software analysis, design and architecture with UML
- Data Modelling with UML
- Systems Engineering and MBSE with SysML
- Enterprise Architecture, IT landscape with UML or ArchiMate
- Business processes with BPMN
Other activities include:
- Defining and maintaining the model repository including requirements, analysis and design for software projects.
- Remote support and expertise on Sparx Enterprise Architect modelling.
- Running training sessions on UML or SysML with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect.
- Installation and configuration of Prolaborate web solution for Sparx EA.
- Managing partnership with Sparx Systems for VISEO.
In my free time, I'm dealing with the following:
- News and articles are shared and regularly updated on the current blog (umlchannel.com)
- A free utilities add-in is published and maintained on www.eautils.com
- Support and participation since 2013 in the organization, promotion and running of the European EA User Group events: www.eausergroup.com.