Following the diagram breadcrumb and elements sorting improvements released in eaUtils 1.14, eaUtils 1.15 has been published this week:
- New feature: enhanced version of Sparx built-in Find in All Diagrams traceability feature to find the diagrams where a selected element (or an instance) is used.
- eaUtils version provides additional information about the diagrams such as the parent package name and full path
- Simplified access to eaUtils features from a diagram (until now, eaUtils only took into account the selection from the project browser to identify the available features)
- Cloud connection support
eaUtils 1.15 new feature: enhanced find in all diagrams
Native feature in Sparx EA
Find in All Diagrams can be called from Enterprise Architect to show the diagram usage for a selected element (right click > Find > Find in All Diagrams)
Example for a class that has been instanciated as a lifeline in a sequence diagram and used in three class diagrams:
- The keyboard shortcut Ctrl+U can be used to call this feature.
- If the element is used in a single diagram, this diagram is opened.
- If the element is not used in any diagram, the list is empty:
eaUtils enhanced version
Pending a future enhancement in Sparx built-in EA Find in all Diagrams, an enhanced version has been implemented in eaUtils add-in to display the package name where each diagram is located.
This information can be essential when the diagram name is not enough to identify the model is belongs to.
The screenshot below illustrates eaUtils Find in All Diagrams from a UML class.
The screenshot below illustrates eaUtils Find in All Diagrams from a UML class' instance.
- Usage Type
- Link is displayed when the element is found in the diagram (identical to EA built-in feature).
- Classifier is displayed when an instance of this element is found (identical to EA built-in feature).
- Instance is displayed when the 'classifier' of the selected 'instance' is found (introduced in eaUtils, this type is highlighted with a yellow background).
- Created Date, Modified Date: diagram created and modified date/time.
- Author: diagram author.
- Locked (true/false).
- Parent Package: name of the package that contains the diagram.
- Diagram Type and Name (identical to EA built-in feature).
- When a diagram is selected from the list, the diagram full path i.e. the names of all parent packages is displayed above.
- Up and down arrows can be used as an alternative to the mouse to change the selected diagram.
- A click on a column header changes the sorting order e.g. display diagrams by modified date.
- A double click on a diagram opens this window and selects the element. From EA 13 (build 1503 minimum), the diagram focus applies to the selected element.
- Click on CLOSE or press the Esc key to close the popup window.
- When a single diagram is found, it is displayed (identical to EA built-in feature).
- When no diagram is found, the following result is displayed.
This feature has been shared via a video available from this blog's Youtube channel.
eaUtils 1.15 is available to download from www.eautils.com/download.